Riverbend Table Olives
At Riverbend farm we are passionate about producing the finest quality table olives. Our olives are hand picked at optimal ripeness and carefully cured before being packed especially for you!
Riverbend Farm is a family owned and family run business and all olives are grown and harvested on the farm in the Breede River Valley between Worcester and Robertson.
Accredited member of the SA Olive Association
For the consumer, this Commitment to Compliance seal means the following
- The producer confirms that the content is 100% South African.
- The year of harvest will be
- prominently displayed, indicating the freshness of the oil.
- The producer is committed to the standards set in the SA Olive Codes of
- Practice, which are based on international quality standards.
- Honest and transparent labelling – if the label states that the content is
- Extra Virgin, the producer verifies that the content is in fact Extra Virgin and not Virgin, or a refined olive oil.
Riverbend Olive Oil
Our Extra Virgin Olive Oil has been produced for your pleasure on a boutique olive farm nestled at the base of the Rooiberg Mountain along the banks of the Breede River.
The olives are picked by hand at optimum ripeness and cold extracted on the farm in our Mill to produce a smooth extra virgin olive oil.
We produce single varietal Extra virgin olive oil as well as a well balanced blend from varieties grown on the farm: Mission, Frantoio and Manzanilla.
Aroma – Fruity with green grass and nutty notes.
Taste – A balanced nutty oil, with hints of fresh herbs, almonds and artichoke.
Riverbend farm‘s artisanal tapenades are ideal for spreading on crackers or enjoying with fresh ciabatta.
There are three different flavours:
- Lemon Thyme-made with lemon thyme which is grown, picked and dried on the farm
- Chilli – just a hint
- Tangy Manzanilla-made from green olives and salt preserved farm lemons
Riverbend Gift Hampers
Riverbend farm products are also available in a range of beautifully packed gift hampers. They make the ideal gift for any occasion!
100% Olive oil soap is handcrafted in our factory without the use of any colourants, preservatives or perfumes. We do not add Palm oil to our bars, only using 100% Riverbend Olive oil! Our soap is perfect for those with sensitive skins! It is sold as hand cut bars on their own or as a gift packed with a natural oak soap dish.
The finest quality olives.
Riverbend Olive Mill is situated on the farm amongst the olive groves. With two Oliomio machines, imported from Italy, the Mill is able to process approximately 700kg of olives into oil per hour.
Once processed, the Olive oil is stored in stainless steel tanks until bottling or packaging into tins. The factory also houses a number of tanks in which carefully selected olives are cured before bottling
and being sold as Riverbend table olives.